Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Masuga Design

Normal Behaviour?

Support (Resolved)

Wes Earl
Wes Earl

Normal Behaviour?

Scenario:
I am using Matrix with an assets field in order to attach multiple files to one entry.
The idea is then that the user can download all the files assigned to that entry in one hit with link vault zipper.
I’ve got that all working now.

<a href="{exp:link_vault:download_link 
file_path=path/to/downloads /{url_title}.zip'
    cf:zipper_files='{announcement_files}{announcement_file:server_path}|{/announcement_files}'
    entry_id='{entry_id}'
    cf:screen_name='{logged_in_screen_name}'
    cf:entry_title='{title}' 
    cf:entry_id='{entry_id}' 
    cf:download_page='{current_uri}' 
    url_only='true'
}" 
class="button radius small success">
<
span class="fa fa-download"></span>Download Announcement

</a

I think this is correct? It’s working on the front end up but if I’m missing anything or anything that is in there that shouldn’t be please tell me.

Either way, in the control panel under the reports tab, when I download on the front end it logs however many files are in the entry and then another for the zipped folder.
Is this normal? Ideally I only want to log the zipped folder was downloaded.

Ben Kohl
# 1
Ben Kohl

Yes, that is the expected behavior. This is one of the benefits of using Link Vault Zipper. Otherwise, you could just create the zip file, put that directly on the entry and serve that as the download and Link Vault would have no idea which files are in it.

My motto is: It is better to log it and not need it than to need it and not log it.

Wes Earl
# 2
Wes Earl

Great thank you for clearing that up! didn’t know if I’d done something wrong or that’s how it’s supposed to be!

Thanks!