Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Milan Topalov

You must be logged in to post.

Quick questions

General

Natetronn
Natetronn

Hi,

I am wondering what an actual “issuu” looks like when live or outputted? Does this basically just do the embed for us? Can it do things like logos, colors and other options etc…? Does this do both (new and old)  embeds?

Thanks,

Nate

Milan Topalov
# 1
Developer
Milan Topalov

Hi Nate

The idea is that a user would configure the Issuu Viewer (so look & feel) on their own and use the Issuu fieldtype to display a particular document.

For example user could use embed wizzard on Issuu website to configure look & feel and use the resulting embed code as a template on own website.

Embedding (configuring the viewer) are not done by the field. There are simply too many ways you can embed a document for me to cover.

Having said that, I may add options to do basic embeds later (in a few days).

Milan

Natetronn
# 2
Natetronn

Thanks for the reply Milan.

Let me see if I understand:

We would grab the embed code off of Issuu the way we want it.

Then we could use your tags inside said embed code inside a template.

Then when they added a new document using the field it would output their chosen document based on the template code setup we made from the combined tags in the template code and issuu embed code?

Milan Topalov
# 3
Developer
Milan Topalov

That is correct Nate.

Milan Topalov
# 4
Developer
Milan Topalov

Nate, I’ve just added the option to embed documents:

{issuu_field_name:embed width="300" height="200"

See add-on description for full list of parameters.

Natetronn
# 5
Natetronn

Okay, thanks Milan, I went ahead and purchased the add-on.

One issuu (pun intended) I am having is that when I edit the pdf’s on Issuu and or the folders they are not updated in the field type or the publish/edit screen.

I renamed a few pdf’s and they are the same. I even deleted a folder and a bunch of pdf’s and they still show up.

I tried clearing my browser cache and clearing cache from the tools menu in the CP.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Milan Topalov
# 6
Developer
Milan Topalov

All Issuu data is cached for 60 minutes for performance reasons.

Deleting EE cache won’t affect Issuu fieldtype - it has own cache.

But I can see how this can be a problem…

Please download the new version (v0.3.1) - it retains cache for more reasonable 60 seconds.

Depending on your server, connection and number of documents & folders you have in Issuu account refreshing data can cause page load times to increase somewhat.

To avoid this please turn on EE caching for the templates where you’re displaying the documents on the front-end.

Natetronn
# 7
Natetronn

Okay thanks for the quick reply and fix Milan!

Natetronn
# 8
Natetronn

Milan,

Not sure why though, it seems to be only showing 3 documents from my folder which actually has 4 documents.

Any thoughts?

Milan Topalov
# 9
Developer
Milan Topalov

It seems I have uploaded the wrong file, sorry :)

Try downloading again please (v0.3.3)...

Milan

Natetronn
# 10
Natetronn

There we go Milan!

Looks like it’s working great now.

Any thoughts of adding Wygwam support in the future so users/clients can add documents through the wysiwyg editors?

Thanks again,

Nate

Milan Topalov
# 11
Developer
Milan Topalov

Nice to hear it works…

I’m looking into adding more features to the add-on and integration with P&T add-ons is high up on the list.

Feel free to suggest any other feature…