Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Laurence Cope

You must be logged in to post.

Update as well as create

Feature Request

johnniefp
johnniefp

Hello Amity Web,

Not sure if this is actively developed but…

I have got it working and adding new subscribers, it would be great if it could also update the custom fields of existing subscribers.

IEM is a great piece of software (if a little unloved in recent years) and this plugin ties in just great.

Hearty thanks for releasing this.

John

Amity Web
# 1
Developer
Amity Web

Update is a little bit more tricky, but I agree it would be useful. Unfortunately we have no plans to add this right now as our customers do not need it. There may come a time they do in which case we could add it. The plugin is listed on Github if anyone wants to fork it and send us a pull request.

Custom fields are even more tricky! I do not believe custom fields are supported as an update action in IEM’s API. Unless they recently added it as I dont have the latest version. So the update custom fields I have integrated in the past required modification of IEM’s xml.php and subscribers.php files.  Here is my old blog on the subject http://www.amitywebsolutions.co.uk/blog/interspire-email-marketer-integrating-with-other-systems.

johnniefp
# 2
johnniefp

Thanks for the reply.

Without custom field updates being supported by Interspire it pretty much scuppers what I was looking to do.
I still doff my cap in your general direction for the plugin though.

Cheers
John