Hacksaw

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Brett DeWoody

Strip from the beginning of the text

Feature Request

CreateSean
CreateSean

I’d like the option to strip the text from the beginning of the text by adding a parameter strip=“beginning”

so that

{exp:eehive_hacksaw strip="beginning" chars="7"}I love hacksaw{/exp:eehive_hacksaw} 

would output

hacksaw 

The reason is that I’ve got a client site with a prefix auto added to the title but in one area of the site it’s not needed and would like to just strip it off.

Brett DeWoody
# 1
Developer
Brett DeWoody

I think this functionality falls outside of Hacksaw. Hacksaw would only be able to strip a specific number of characters from the beginning. Personally I think this would apply to a very small number of cases. I could be wrong though…

As an alternative I would recommend going with a ‘find & replace’ plugin. One of these would probably do a better job at this task

http://devot-ee.com/search/results/search&keywords=replace&channel=addons&addon_version_support=ee2/

Brett DeWoody
# 2
Developer
Brett DeWoody

Hi Sean,

I’ve added the ability to start the excerpt X characters into the content. This can only be used when limited your content by characters for now. For example, you can now grab characters 100 through 500.