Extension, Fieldtype, Module, Plugin

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Objective HTML does not actively monitor this forum
(but you can still get help from other EE users).

Google Maps for ExpressionEngine

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Objective HTML

2 of 2

You must be logged in to post.

Confused by search using categories

Support Request

Brendan Underwood
# 16
Brendan Underwood

Justin, how did you go with this problem? Happy to show you my results via a Skype screen share if that helps, or provide access to a staging server to test it out too. We have a good set of data to test against, but would like to get a resolution this week if at all possible.

Thanks
Brendan

Objective HTML
# 17
Objective HTML

Just FYI, I have an update in my 3.4 beta that fixes this issue. I had to rewrite the WHERE clause for the category search. The SQL statement a little more complicated now, but it should work just fine. I setup a test channel with categories and used the following tag with success. I searched 2 categories and only got back the 1 results that was assigned to both cats.

Send an email to support@objectivehtml.com and I will reply with the last code. Sorry for the delay on this. I have been a bit behind on the more complicated support requests, and this issue definitely took some time to debug and fix.

{exp:gmap:results order_by="distance" parse="inward" category_search_type="AND" match_categories_exact="yes"
JonnyT
# 18
JonnyT

Hi Justin, do you have a release date for 3.4? My site depends heavily on categories and for some reason I’m getting the same problems in this post.

Objective HTML
# 19
Objective HTML

This should already be available. I didn’t include this in 3.4, but rather rolled it into a maintenance release.

If you need more control over searching, I have a brand new solution coming out after Thanksgiving. It’s pretty much 100% complete and documented, just working on examples. Basically, it’s a new search modules that has an API and Google Maps for EE makes heavy use of it. It’s called Channel Search, and will be the predecessor to the current search. I guarantee not only setup would be easier, but also more configurable with less code. Be on the look out for that next week, it should fix your issues.

But as far as PHP issues with the search, I have fixed all the issues that have been reported to me. So if you are still having issues and don’t want to use the new add-on (in addition to Google Maps), then create a new thread and I will help you there.

Brendan Underwood
# 20
Brendan Underwood

JonnyT, we’ve got categories working pretty well here:

http://www.wasteauthority.wa.gov.au/findlocal

Let us know if that’s similar to what you’re trying to achieve and I can share some template code with you.

JonnyT
# 21
JonnyT

Hi Justin, that sounds awesome! It’ll definitely boost my site so I’ll keep my eye on that. I’ve managed to get it working effectively after looking the sql queries. It appears there was [] missing from the select name. A simple fix but was working previously so completely through me out!

Brendan, love the implementation of the category searches on your site. I’ve opted for a select field but yours seems better from a usability point. I’ve integrated Google Maps, just slightly ;) , here : http://wanago.co.uk

Really appreciate the feedback guys!

Tim Bertens
# 22
Tim Bertens

hi Guys,
On a rather old site that uses this plugin I’m having the same trouble now the customer wants us to change the ‘OR’ to ‘AND’
My plugin version is 3.2.3, It seems that no newer versions are being distributed. Could you share what you have changed to make this working, I would be very grateful!

2 of 2