-this is imported to local site (MAMP)
-local site breaks with the following error:

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity
Notice
Filename
libraries/Functions.php
Line Number

Turning off extensions revealed that the on_page_load method is what breaks the local version. If I disable just this one in the database it works locally.

Seems like a session is stored in the db and it doesn’t work locally? How do I restore the local functionality of this extension with a database imported from the production site?

EpicVoyage
# 1
Developer
EpicVoyage

Hey Doug,

Sorry that I missed that question on SE. The session itself is not being stored by Force SSL, but rather that error occurs when a redirect is made before the session has been fully initialized (as is the case in the on_page_load method). I have some special handling in place to make EE happy with its environment to perform the redirect.

With that said, obviously something is not being initialized correctly. What version of EE is being used for this web site?

Chris

Doug
# 2
Doug

No worries, it wasn’t until today that I tracked it down to Force SSL. I’m using 2.5.3.

Doug
# 3
Doug

any update on this? I don’t see a new version. Is there some way I can work around this other than turning off the extension?

EpicVoyage
# 4
Developer
EpicVoyage

Hey Doug,

No update yet. I have not found anything that would cause this error. Since this is only an issue locally, you may consider setting “$config[‘force_ssl_disabled’] = true;” for the time being.

I need to perform an overhaul of Force SSL to make it more friendly to MSM installs (and to handle a couple of other setups more gracefully) which could help but I just changed jobs. It will probably be another 2-3 weeks before I have much extra time to what needs to be done there.

Chris