View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

Unwanted P tags

Support Request

Sjoerd
Sjoerd

Firemail creates unwanted P tags:

<p>&nbsp;</p>
<
p style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px;">
&
nbsp;</p

How to get rid of these?

Sjoerd
# 1
Sjoerd

This is quite urgent and obviously a bug. It occurs when using Wygwam. P tags are spread everywhere, Firemail is useless in this way. Can this be fixed? I tried all the possible solutions in this Forum, but with no succes.

PutYourLightsOn
# 2
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

what does this have to do with Wygwam?

the WYSIWYG editor uses XHTML so if you ensure that your code is valid XHTML then no tags should be added. does this happen when you import a template or just paste text?

Sjoerd
# 3
Sjoerd

When importing a template: Firemail adds p tags.

Scott Daniel
# 4
Scott Daniel

I have the identical problem, I believe. It is easily reproduced by switching from the wysiwyg view to the source view and then back again. The leading <html>, <head> tags are removed and a bunch of unwanted tags are added around the meta tags.

Scott Daniel
# 5
Scott Daniel

Nothing from Ben yet.

Hmmm…...

For others that encounter this problem, I have solved it temporarily by commenting out the editor. The field changes to a standard textarea with the raw html. It’s not great for the customer, but it works and does not mung the output.

PutYourLightsOn
# 6
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

you really shouldn’t have any html or head tags in your email body. the wysiwyg editor will strip these out and add p tags to make it valid xhtml. see this post for more details.

IC360 (Oliver Cannell)
# 7
IC360 (Oliver Cannell)

I’m experiencing a similar thing.
I’ve created an HTML email externally and am pasting the whole page into Firemail, in HTML Source mode.
When I switch off HTML Source mode, it looks fine in the WYSIWYG mode window, but if switch back to HTML Source mose the HTML Head tags (Title, META, etc) are wrapped with tags.