FireMail

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

Filtering for duplicate emails

Support (Resolved)

svh1
svh1

If I were to send an email to two lists and both lists had the same email address within, will FireMail filter the emails and only send it once?

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

yes, FireMail will never send an email to the same address once in the same mail shot. it first gathers all of the email addresses from all of the selected mailing lists and then removes duplicates before beginning the sending process.

svh1
# 2
svh1

Are you doubly sure of that?  I set up two email lists with my own address in both, sent a test message to the two lists, and got the email twice.  Might there be a setting for this that I’m missing?

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

yes i’m sure. are you sending to both lists at once? and are you sure that it is the exact same email address? there is no setting that you’re missing.

svh1
# 4
svh1

Yes, I’m checking both lists when sending one email.  It was to my personal account which I only have one and I received it twice so, yes, the email was correct in both cases.

svh1
# 5
svh1

Any word on this?  Do you need access to the control panel where this is happening?

PutYourLightsOn
# 6
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

i double checked and tested on my server and this doesn’t happen for me. what versions of EE and FireMail are you on? also can you unsubscribe from both mailing lists, then resubscribe to both and test again?

svh1
# 7
svh1

Un-subbed, re-subbed and still happening.  EE 2.5.0 and Firemail 1.8

PutYourLightsOn
# 8
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

ok, can you send me access details at info@putyourlightson.net and i’ll look into it? also please explain your procedure for sending in the email.

svh1
# 9
svh1

Just letting you know that I emailed you with the requested information.