FireMail

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

8831 Recipients with 2870 Errors

Support (Resolved)

ryan.asbert
ryan.asbert

Hi - I installed FireMail for a client of mine for their monthly newsletter, and they attempted to send it out last night but came back today to find that there were 2870 errors to their 8831 recipients. However, it DOES say “Complete” under Status.

Unfortunately it seems the original developer of the site never enabled error logging so I’m not really sure how to find out what happened, I just have a list of 2800 email addresses that apparently suffered some kind of error. I did notice one peculiar thing, the email address at the very bottom of the list seems to be invalid (it just has a name with no @ or domain or anything) could this have caused some kind of cascading error?

If there’s any insight you can offer or tips to track down what happened, I’d appreciate it. I do know they’re hosting on a pretty lightweight MediaTemple grid-server, it’s possible resources became an issue (I’ve set the Batch Size to 25 and left Max Emails per Hour blank, it didn’t seem to cause any issues with the last couple of newsletters.)

-Ryan

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Hi Ryan, are the email addresses that failed all valid addresses besides the one missing an @? This might be better to address through email (info@putyourlightson.net).