ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

Emails not being sent

Support (Resolved)

Adeeb Khan
Adeeb Khan

Hi Ben,

I’ve got everything setup, made a few tests (to around 4 email addresses) and was ready to send out an email to a list of 167 people. However for some strange reason it doesn’t initiate anything but instead take me straight back to the main ExpressionEngine Control Panel page.

I’ve tried it about 6 times but no luck for which no error messages are being displayed.

What also seems strange is that two different servers with the exact same configuration is behaving differently when sending out the test emails. The Beta environment sends out the emails straight away, however LIVE takes around 10 minutes.

Any ideas on these two issues?

Thanks,
Adeeb

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

hi adeeb,

you asked me about a separate issue and the problem was that you were using different domains. can you ensure that the domain is not switching over when you try to send?

what is the difference between the beta and live environments?

Adeeb Khan
# 2
Adeeb Khan

Hi Ben,

In all environments the ExpressionEngine control panel sits outside the public_html folder. To access the control panel it’s via a subdomain and not a url via the website e.g. http://www.sitename.com/admin.php.

I managed to resolve the previous issue with the change to apache which I shared with you. How can I test whether the domain is switching over as the url is still showing the correct subdomain address.

The only way in which I have managed to send out the emails is to manually copy and paste the distribution email list into the the to field (for which I didn’t try the full 167).

Adeeb Khan
# 3
Adeeb Khan

Okay, this seems to be working fine on my local Mamp version. Must be a configuration issue on the staging and production server.

Let me investigate a little further.

PutYourLightsOn
# 4
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

marking as resolved as this seems to be a server configuration issue