Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

1 of 2

Preview issue and emails not sending

Support (Resolved)

ppm
ppm

Hi

I have setup the module and have this working on all systems here, however the client is experiencing some odd behaviour. They are using Windows 7, on Chrome and Firefox.

When the create an email and clicked “preview”, the control panel homepage is shown in the preview window. They then try to send this email, they are redirected to the control panel homepage rather than the send email screen. The emails also do not send. I checked for and errors but none were in the console.

I cannot replicate this issue my end and have tested across all browsers. It seems to work for the client sometimes and then all of a sudden the issue occurs.

They have attempted to clear and reinstall the web browsers, but the issue still occurs.

Any assistance appreciated.

Many thanks
Ben

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

do you have multiple accessible domains for your cms? for example can the client login with and without a www?

ppm
# 2
ppm

yes they do, they can log in with both..Should we default to www. through htaccess?

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

yes, i suspect that there may be an issue with the user being in a non-www domain and clicking on a link that points to a www domain or vice versa. it is good practice to force www or non-www, just make sure that you use the correct one in the site url on the general config page.

ppm
# 4
ppm

ok no problem, we have tried both,but still no luck, the preview still loads the homepage and doesn’t send. It works on my machine, but not the clients, they have tried on 3 separate machines.

Many thanks
Ben

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

strange, good luck with it and let me know if there’s anything else i can help with.

ppm
# 6
ppm

Do you have any other suggestions as to what may be causing the issue? As at the moment they cannot send any emails using Firemail?

PutYourLightsOn
# 7
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

i still think it was a domain issue…

kco
# 8
kco

I am also having this same problem - preview link does not display email, shows the control panel homepage instead. Also, when I click the send button, nothing gets sent and I am brought back to the control panel homepage. No errors appear…

My website forces www for all urls.

Please advise, thanks!

kco
# 9
kco

I think it happens when you use the Preview link more than once -
first time you click the preview link: preview is fine
second time you click the preview link: popup window goes to CP homepage and when you send, nothing happens and you return to CP homepage.

When I try to send email without clicking the Preview link at all, the email sends with no problem.

PutYourLightsOn
# 10
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

ok so i assume you are on EE 2.7 or later as 2.7 introduced stricter XID requirements. i’ll release a fix for this soon.

ben

kco
# 11
kco

Actually, I’m using EE v2.6.1 and Firemail 1.8.8.

thanks!

PutYourLightsOn
# 12
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

hmm ok i’ll look into that version of EE too

pixelpie
# 13
pixelpie

Hi guys,
Just wondering if this issue has been solved.
I’m experiencing same thing as kco describes. First time clicking on preview link seems to work fine and display the preview message but second time it displays the CP home.
Running ee 2.6.1 and Firemail 1.8.10

Cheers,
Alberto

PutYourLightsOn
# 14
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

can you try updating to the latest version of FireMail? version 1.8.11 contained a fix for this.

pixelpie
# 15
pixelpie

Thanks for the reply Ben.
I updated to 1.8.12, clear caches etc but the issue continues happening.
First preview works fine but second time loads the CP home.
Please let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers,
Alberto

1 of 2