Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

You must be logged in to post.

Native File Browser [resolved]

General

Matthew Spiel
Matthew Spiel

Hey All,

just upgraded to 1.1.1 and I am still seeing what appears to be the old image window when I click to upload an image… I am not getting the EE native file browser. Would love any help on this. Really needing to get the new file upload window.

http://cl.ly/5KNf

Other than that I love expresso! Just need to get this new feature working.

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

have you assigned an upload destination to the Expresso field? see this screenshot as an example of what i mean

Matthew Spiel
# 2
Matthew Spiel

That was it! Thanks.

Anyway this could be there by default or maybe have it be an enabled/disabled type situation? I think that might make more sense.

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

since you can have multiple upload destinations i don’t think a default state or a enabled/disabled state really works.

Matthew Spiel
# 4
Matthew Spiel

Not sure we are on the same page here…  I actually think from an end user perspective simply having two radio buttons makes more sense. When I go to configure a textarea or text input (two native field types for EE), and I want to show the “file chooser” I hit the “yes” radio button for “Show File Chooser”. By setting an upload destination for Expresso it makes me think I am limiting my uploads destination on the publish page, while in reality I am actually doing the exact same thing as selecting the “yes” radio button option for “show file chooser”  while configuring a textarea or text input field type.

One of the reason I was confused while figuring out how to enable the upload icon was that I didn’t want to limit the custom field to only one upload destination. So when I hid the drop down, I thought… “well, this can’t be right… i need to have access to more than one upload destination… if I select one here… it looks like it might limit me on the publish page.” Now, after selecting an upload destination and figuring out how it works, I know that’s not the case. Which is why I think using radio buttons might be a better solution. The upload destination is controlled from the publish page, not the custom field configuration… despite the words “upload destination” implying otherwise.

Hope that helps man. I am a fan, have already bought several licenses of expresso and now that I have this figured out, I can guarantee Expresso will be something I use for EVERY install of EE. It helps me help my clients. Cheers.

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

ah yes i see what you mean and you are right, that does make more sense. the upload destination selection was necessary for file uploads when Expresso was using a third party file manager. i’ll change in the next release.

be sure to check out Expresso Developer’s multi site license if you plan on using Expresso on more sites.

PutYourLightsOn
# 6
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

just updated Expresso to version 1.2 which fixes this