ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

You must be logged in to post.

Invalid backend configuration [resolved]

General

Michael Byström
Michael Byström

Before I start to hunt down the error maybe you know why I get Invalid backend configuration when I open the file manager… the rest is working fine.

And also when will multi site license be available

Nice add-on

-Micke

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

hi micke,

what version of EE are you running? have you renamed the themes folder by any chance? also can you please point your browser to http://www.your-domain.com/themes/third_party/expresso/connector.php and let me know if you get any php errors.

multi-site version coming soon, just working out the details…

ben

Tyssen
# 2
Tyssen

I’m having the same problem and when I go to connector.php I get {“error”:“Invalid backend configuration”}

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

can you please both check that you have associated an upload destination in EE with the Expresso fieldtype and that the server path and url are correctly set (and that the directory actually exists). let me know how that goes.

Tyssen
# 4
Tyssen

Yes, I’ve set an upload directory and I know it’s working because I’ve been able to add/choose from it using the normal file fieldtype.

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

can you check what version of php you have? the filebrowser requires the following:

PHP 5 >= 5.2.0, PECL json >= 1.2.0

Tyssen
# 6
Tyssen

I’ve got PHP 5.3.2 and json 1.2.1. I’m testing this locally on my Mac at the moment.

PutYourLightsOn
# 7
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

ok, does the error message appear in red text on top of the UI or does it look more like error code?

Tyssen
# 8
Tyssen

Red text in a box that then fades away.

PutYourLightsOn
# 9
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

ok well in that case the server path has either not been set or is not a real directory. can you please run the following test:

open themes/third_party_expresso/connector.php and add this to line 28:

echo 'Server Path: '.$filebrowser_config['server_path']; die(); 

then navigate to that file and check if the server path is being displayed, and if it is correct.

Tyssen
# 10
Tyssen

Ah right, it was because I was using relative paths. Changing to a full server path fixed it. Any chance it could be made to work with relative paths though?

PutYourLightsOn
# 11
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

i’ll definitely look into implementing this in next release.

Michael, does this fix the issue for you too?

Michael Byström
# 12
Michael Byström

Sorry late response little busy… My site is basically a test site and I was using the agile theme as a test blog and I used the File Upload location that this theme has and this seem to confuse it. I made a new File Upload and pointed Expresso to that in the custom fields then i work fine.

All good now