Expresso

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

Error After Uninstalling Expresso

Support (Resolved)

Dan Barron
Dan Barron

We installed Expresso to try but went with another option. We’re doing a new version of our site and I’m trying to remove it from the mix.

I first deleted the only (test) channel that used it. Then I uninstalled it via the Control Panel and deleted the directories from sys/expressionengine/third_party and /html/themes/third_party.

Now when I bring up my homepage I get this error:

Error

Unable to load requested field type file
:  ft.expresso.php.

Confirm the fieldtype file is located in the expressionengine/third_partydirectory 

There is nothing else on the page, so it’s not even trying to render my page.

I did this is a test copy of the site and it seemed to work fine, but of course now I’m trying to do it for real under time pressure and it breaks.

Any ideas?

Dan Barron
# 1
Dan Barron

Nevermind. Pilot error on my part. I thought I had deleted the channel that used it, but I go interrupted during the work and probably did not actually delete it.

PutYourLightsOn
# 2
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

ok cool

David Roberts
# 3
David Roberts

Hi

I am getting the same message on a site that I have taken over,  although it was working ok when i took over the site I can’t access the home page or the CP on EE which may be a separate issue.

I have checked the the third party add ons folder and Expresso is not there.

How to I fix this problem?

PutYourLightsOn
# 4
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

ensure that none of your custom fields are set to the Expresso field type as that is likely to be the problem