ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

1 of 2

Disable NavEE in links dialog? [resolved]

General

jbriggs
jbriggs

Once I upgraded to 1.6, Expresso added the NavEE option to the link dialog, as it’s supposed to. 

Is there a way to disable this feature?  It just confused my client who had no idea what NavEE was.

Thanks!

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

open up config.php and change line 4 to:

$this->extra_link_modules = array(); 
jbriggs
# 2
jbriggs

Thanks for the quick reply!

When I clear out the array in config.php, this is what I get when trying to open an entry:

A Database Error Occurred
Error Number

You have an error in your SQL syntax
check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY FIELD(module_name, )' at line 3

SELECT 
`module_nameFROM (`exp_modules`) WHERE `module_nameIN () ORDER BY FIELD(module_name, )

Filenamethird_party/expresso/ft.expresso.php

Line Number
PutYourLightsOn
# 3
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

ah in that case just remove navee:

$this->extra_link_modules = array('Structure''Pages'); 
jbriggs
# 4
jbriggs

Of course!  Worked great…thanks again!

jbriggs
# 5
jbriggs

I thought it worked great, at least.

When i remove NavEE from the array, my Matrix field on the same entry is completely blank.  I’m not sure how the two are related, but I guess i’ll just keep NavEE in there for now.

PutYourLightsOn
# 6
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

ok i’ll investigate…

PutYourLightsOn
# 7
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

ok i’ll investigate this…

PutYourLightsOn
# 8
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Expresso 1.6.2 should fix this issue for you

jbriggs
# 9
jbriggs

Thanks for the update…however the issue remains for me.  If I remove ‘Navee’ from settings.php, my matrix fields go blank.

PutYourLightsOn
# 10
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

strange, i can’t replicate this. can you check for javascript errors? if not then you can send me login details and i will troubleshoot it directly for you.

jbriggs
# 11
jbriggs

I’ve been trying a few things and it turns out that the issue is only happening with one of my channels.  And I discovered that if I added another matrix field to this channel, the original matrix field shows up as normal, but the new one is now blank.  And there are no javascript errors.

PutYourLightsOn
# 12
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

um, that’s weird. sounds like it might be a conflict with another add-on, especially if only happening on one specific channel. any other insights that could help us resolve this?

PutYourLightsOn
# 13
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

is this still an issue for you?

jbriggs
# 14
jbriggs

Hi, sorry for not responding sooner.  I haven’t had a chance yet to diagnose further…so I just kept the NavEE link enabled.  I’m sure it’s an issue with another plugin, as you’ve said.  If I find out anything further, I’ll update this post.  Thanks again for the great support.

jbriggs
# 15
jbriggs

Just saw that there was an update, so I just updated to 1.7.1a.  Now, without changing anything, my links dialog look like this screenshot    not sure what’s going on!

1 of 2