View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

You must be logged in to post.

Possible bug? syntax error in /ft.expresso.php on line 123

Bug (Resolved)

chunkit
chunkit

Hi there,
Thank you for the great add-on.

I have been using this add-on (5.0.1) in my local env (ee 4.04 php 7.1.8) and works fine.
Tonight i deployed the local to the production site which is on php 5.6.32 and then an error message pops up.

Parse errorsyntax errorunexpected '?' in /home5/ncstoron/kitmin/user/addons/expresso/ft.expresso.php on line 123 

Then, i went to the file and then comment out the chunk of code and it works fine now.

public function grid_display_field($data)

{
        $config_id 
'field_id_'.$this->settings['grid_field_id'].'_'.$this->settings['col_id'];

$field_id $config_id.'_'.($this->settings['grid_row_id'?? '0');

return 
$this->_display_field($data$field_id$config_idfalse'grid');

do you think it is a bug? thanks. Chris

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Hi Chris and thanks for reporting this bug. It was due to a PHP7 feature that was being used, fixed in Expresso 5.0.2.

chunkit
# 2
chunkit

Thanks so much for the prompt reply. I uploaded the latest add-on to my production server and it does not allow me to update. clicking the button simply did nothing. However, It works fine on my local (php 7) thanks

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Hmm, did it update to 5.0.2 on your local server? I wonder if the fix got correctly added to the update. We’ll look into releasing a permanent fix for this. In the meantime commenting out the line as you described above should fix it until we have another update. Sorry for the inconvenience.

chunkit
# 4
chunkit

Hi there,
no worries. I just upgraded my production env to php7 and i tried to update the add-on and it still did not work.
Then i switched to another browser, Firefox, and it allowed me to update. It is so weird that Safari works fine on the local env but has many glitches on the production server.
Thanks very much,
Chris

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Hmm I haven’t come across that issue in Safari before. Thanks for letting me know and glad to hear it’s working for you now!!
Ben