View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

You must be logged in to post.

Images dissapeared in editor view after updating EE

Support (Resolved)

netfocus
netfocus

Hi,

I have updated EE to version 3.5.12 with Expresso 4.2.7

Now, when I open the Editor to see my web pages I don’t see the images anymore in the editor view.

Also, the path of the image and the width doesn’t follow when importing the image to the editor.

I get something like this:

/medias/images/Banc_parc.jpg

Please this is an urgent bug because my client can’t work on their web site.

Best regards!

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Hi there, is “/medias/images/” a valid directory in your public web root? What exactly changed since you started seeing this issue?

netfocus
# 2
netfocus

Hi PYLO,

“/medias/images/” is a valid directory on my public web root. EE is also well configured.

http://www.chjm.ca/fr/medias/images/Banc_parc.jpg

In fact, what have change is that I have updated EE from 2.10 to 3.5.12 without Expresso installed.

I was previously using Wygwam Editor on EE 2.10 and I switched fields using Wygwam to Rich Text Editor fields before updating to EE 3.5.12

Then I updated EE and after I installed Expresso on EE 3.5.12

Then, I switched back the Rich Text Editor fields to Expresso fields.

And then my client told me he could not see the images in the HTML Editor anymore.

It seems it screwed the path of images that were there and the path of new images.

The website is hosted on BlueHost.

Best regards!

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Hmm your update process sounds quite complex. Can you please show me what you see when the Expresso editor loads with a screenshot?

netfocus
# 4
netfocus

Hi,

I attached an image so you can see what my client see and sending me.

It is a ***VERY URGENT BUG***

Best regards!.

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

I’m not seeing any attachment. If this is urgent then I suggest you restore a recent backup or at the very least the working Rich Text Editor until we can troubleshoot the issue.

netfocus
# 6
netfocus

The file didn’t attached with the message. Do you have an email I can send it to you?

PutYourLightsOn
# 7
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

info@putyourlightson.net

netfocus
# 8
netfocus

Just to make sure I told you the problen occur also when I try to Import an image to the editor.

The path is not good and the image size info does not follow.

Best regards!

PutYourLightsOn
# 9
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

We’ve released v4.2.8 which should solve the relative URL issue you were having.