ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

Retain curly braces in expresso field

Support (Resolved)

YMCA-Chicago
YMCA-Chicago

Hi there.

I’m trying to use { and } in an Expresso 3.5.0 field—but they keep getting escaped.  Is there any way to turn this off? 

As i want to write template code inside expresso field,which clearly fails because of this escaping.

Thanks.

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Removing #123 and #125 from the “Additional Entities to Escape” setting should work, can you try that?

YMCA-Chicago
# 2
YMCA-Chicago

I did try it from setting it worked however know its converting ” into quot;
{if site_short_name == “default_site”} converts to ” into quot; and template breaks because of this

How can i stop this from happening?

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Is there anything else in the “Additional Entities to Escape” setting field?

YMCA-Chicago
# 4
YMCA-Chicago

Yes #39 removing this and saving shows #39,#123,#125 all this prepopulated which seems to come from setting.php I guess i removed it from settings.php but yet got no luck!

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

So saving the that setting is not working? Which versions of EE and Expresso are you running? Please ensure you have the latest version of Expresso installed.

PutYourLightsOn
# 6
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Ah ok I see what you mean now, we’ll look into fixing this issue asap.

YMCA-Chicago
# 7
YMCA-Chicago

Removing it from settings.php i dont see it populated but the problem is with inverted quotes getting converted.

PutYourLightsOn
# 8
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Released a fix for this in Expresso 4.2.7, please let us know if that solves the issue for you.

YMCA-Chicago
# 9
YMCA-Chicago

Thanks for the quick fix.

I am currently on EE 2.11.9 expresso 4.2.7 is for EE 3 i guess.

Has this fix been released for legacy versions too?

Please help me fix this for EE2 versions if not.

PutYourLightsOn
# 10
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

No, not yet, please change line 656 in ft.expresso.php as follows to apply the fix:

$settings[$key] $this->EE->input->post($key) !== null $this->EE->input->post($key) : $val
YMCA-Chicago
# 11
YMCA-Chicago

Hello Thanks,

I am using template code inside the expresso,so on template if i use allow ee code plugin to render code

{if site_short_name == “default_site”}

double inverted comm converts to " and template breaks with below error anything to stop this?

You have an invalid conditional in your template. Please review your conditionals for an unclosed string, invalid operators, a missing }, or a missing {/if}.

Parser State: Unexpected ‘#’ (MISC); expected RD in Template “test/index” on line 3.

PutYourLightsOn
# 12
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Shouldn’t you be using regular quotation marks in your conditional?

YMCA-Chicago
# 13
YMCA-Chicago

Could you please elaborate using single and double quotes leads to an error.

What should be the fix for this?

PutYourLightsOn
# 14
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

If you can post your code then I can take a look but I’m not sure that this is an issue with Expresso…