Expresso

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

‘Make Editor Full Width’ option - breaking when used in Grid field

Support (Resolved)

xynergy_inc
xynergy_inc

Now that EE3 supports configurable widths in the Grid fields, the setting to ‘Make Editor Full Width’ has styling that is causing issues when Expresso is used in a Grid.  Devotee won’t let me attache a screenshot, but try including Expresso in a Grid that has 4 columns each set to 25% width and the ‘Full Width’ setting is checked for Expresso. 

Is there a way that the ‘Full Width’ option for Expresso can only apply to standalone Expresso fields?  Or stay ‘full width’ within whatever size has been defined for the Grid/Matrix column?

Thanks,
Justin

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Hi Justin, we’ll need to look into this and see if we can post a fix. Thanks for letting us know and we will follow up with you soon.

xynergy_inc
# 2
xynergy_inc

Thanks for the reply.  FYI I found a fix using Digi Nut Control Panel CSS & JS - it’s not pretty (I hate using !important in CSS), but it works:

.grid-input-form td[data-fieldtype=“expresso”] { width: inherit !important; }

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Ok, we’ll integrate this into Expresso for the next release. Thanks for the code snippet!

mediapimp
# 4
mediapimp

I am having this same issue.

Can you explain where to apply this css: .grid-input-form td[data-fieldtype=“expresso”] { width: inherit !important; } ?

Thanks!

mediapimp
# 5
mediapimp

Actually, I figured it out, but adding that css does not work for me.

style=“width: 100%”; still gets applied to my expresso fields that are inside grid fields.

mediapimp
# 6
mediapimp

Got it working. Thanks for the tip!

Would be great to have this fixed soon as to not have to rely on another plugin for the fix.

Thanks!

PutYourLightsOn
# 7
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Yes the next release will include the fix and will likely be pushed out next week.

PutYourLightsOn
# 8
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

This has been fixed in version 4.2.5.