ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

You must be logged in to post.

Using Expresso in Channel Form

Feature (Resolved)

Neil MacLennan
Neil MacLennan

I’m sure there’s a very obvious answer, but how do I engage Expresso in channel form?  The output of the

{field:expresso_field_name} 
tag doesn’t show me the toolbar by itself, nor does including Channel Form’s CSS or using the
include_assets 

parameter.

Help most appreciated :-)

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Expresso is not intended to be used on the front-end and has some compatibility issues with Channel Form in EE3. you might be better off using the native rich text editor for that as described in the docs.

IC360 (Oliver Cannell)
# 2
IC360 (Oliver Cannell)

Hiya,
Any plans to make Expresso EE3 Channel Form compatible?
I’m building a lot of Channel Form interfaces for customers now - dashboards, order managers, etc. - so having Expresso enabled here would be mega useful.
Thanks.

PutYourLightsOn
# 3
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Hey Oliver, sorry for the delayed reply, email notifications were not coming through to us. We don’t have any current plans to make Expresso work with channel forms unfortunately, no.

IC360 (Oliver Cannell)
# 4
IC360 (Oliver Cannell)

Oh that’s a shame.
If we were to commission this as a paid project - what sort of price are we talking about?

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

If this is still something you are interested in then please email us directly at info@putyourlightson.net, thank you.

PutYourLightsOn
# 6
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

An EE error that was fixed in EE 3.5.8 was causing this to fail:
“Fixed a syntax error in compressed Channel Form JavaScript introduced in 3.5.7.”
https://docs.expressionengine.com/latest/about/changelog.html#version-3-5-8

The following code should work with EE 3.5.8:

{field:expresso_field_name}