ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

You must be logged in to post.

No Expresso toolbar? Check Apache configuration… [resolved]

General

Ned
Ned

Hi, I just purchased Expresso and ran into an interesting issue installing it.

After installing Expresso, I converted an existing custom field from Textarea to Expresso, In the entry form,the field looked like a plain old textarea—no formatting toolbar. Just to ensure this wasn’t caused by converting an existing field, I created a new test channel with a new custom field group containing an Expresso field with the same result.

Chrome developer tools revealed that requests for ckeditor.js were failing with a 500 server error.

Some digging in the web server logs showed this:

[Fri May 20 11:52:16 2011] [alert] [client 172.17.21.155] /opt/files/ee2site/docs/themes/third_party/expresso/ckeditor/.htaccessAddType not allowed hererefererhttp://eesite3.acponline.orgmanage.php?S=0e96dacfb650a98bce78c0747d764eba414772e6&D=cp&C=content_publish&M=entry_form&channel_id=7 

The ckeditor directory has an .htaccess file that sets MIME types for javascript and xml. We host our own sites and our default configuration seriously restricts what’s allowed in an .htaccess file. An AddType directive in an .htaccess file isn’t allowed.

To eliminate this error, you can either copy the contents of the .htaccess file to your Apache configuration, or ensure that AllowOverride FileInfo is set for the themes directory. I added the AllowOverride FileInfo directive.

Cheers!

Neil

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

thanks for posting this tip neil!