Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From PutYourLightsOn

You must be logged in to post.

Display/manage sub-directories with Expresso file manager

Feature Request

stefanos
stefanos

Hi Ben,

It is possible to implement a file manager as Assets (or others) with Expresso?? The EE file manager doesn’t display the sub-directories, so when I want to choose an image in a sub-directory of the upload directory, it’s not possible.

Exist a solution with Expresso to be able to manage sub-directories with the file manager??

regards,

Stéphane

PutYourLightsOn
# 1
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

hi stéphane, you can try with the attached file which should replace the native file manager with assets. keep a backup of the original file on hand as this is still an experimental feature but should make it into Expresso soon.

File Attachments
expresso.js.zip  (File Size: 3KB - Downloads: 41)
stefanos
# 2
stefanos

Hi Ben, thanks a lot, i will try this new feature!

stefanos
# 3
stefanos

Ben,

I installed the attached file: expresso.js inside the Expresso theme folder.  The module Assets is installed too, but the EE file manager is still in use. No new file manager is displayed.

Stéphane

imploding
# 4
imploding

Hi Ben,

I also tried without success.
Is there an updated version of this script available, or an eta on this being implemented to Expresso?

Thanks,
Matt

PutYourLightsOn
# 5
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

if the EE file manager appears then it must be still using the old file. please clear your cache and try again.

stefanos
# 6
stefanos

Hi Ben,

I tried again, it’s not working, even after cleaning the browser cache. No actions when the browse button is pushed.

PutYourLightsOn
# 7
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

ok, in that case you’ll have to wait until this is officially added. should be in the coming weeks.

stefanos
# 8
stefanos

ok, no problems :)  It’s better to have the official one.

owlookit
# 9
owlookit

Hi Ben,

thanks for the great addon. Is there any updates to support Assets file maneger on EE3-4, or?

Thanks,
Ruslan

PutYourLightsOn
# 10
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Hi Ruslan, no it is not on our roadmap unfortunately, since the native EE file manager has improved so much since Assets was popular.

owlookit
# 11
owlookit

Ben, thanks, for the reply. Can you please specify how can I see sub directories in the native EE file manager, or through your add-on?
I must to have this feature or switch to other WYSIWYG add-on such as Wyvern which are supporting this from scratch without hassles.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Ruslan

PutYourLightsOn
# 12
Developer
PutYourLightsOn

Unfortunately, I don’t think the native EE file manager supports subdirectories. If it is a requirement for you then Expresso may not be the right fit.