ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From mithra62

Gettings output for Matrix fields

Support Request

Joost Plas
Joost Plas

Hi,

In my search for a XML export of my website I came across Export It. Although I am not a EE developer I decided to give it a try. The basics are working great, but I am having some troubles with getting Matrix output. I hope you guys can help me.

This is my template so far:

{exp:export_it:channel_entries 
 channel_id
="1" 

format="xml"

keywords="soldaat"

exclude_fields="channel_id,author_data,field_dt_144,field_dt_155,field_dt_174,channel_title,author_id,member_id,last_visit,channel_name,voorstelling-credit-toneel,voorstelling-credit-musical,voorstelling-credit-cabaret,voorstelling-credit-klassiek,voorstelling-credit-pop-jazz,voorstelling-foto-title,voorstelling-credit-opera,voorstelling-credit-jeugd,voorstelling-kaarten-body,voorstelling-credit-dans,voorstelling-credit-wereldmuziek,voorstelling-fotovideo-title,voorstelling-memo,voorstelling-fotovideo-desc,voorstelling-recensies-title,voorstelling-recensies-desc,voorstelling-banner,voorstelling-normal-price,voorstelling-discount-price,voorstelling-booking-cost,voorstelling-discount-code,voorstelling-short-description,voorstelling-Information,voorstelling-buy-link,voorstelling-lmbody,voorstelling-lmbuyticketInfo,voorstelling-tweets,voorstelling-aantal-kaarten,voorstelling-afgelast,voorstelling-afgelast"

include_fields="voorstelling-data-stad,stad"

status="open"

One of my fields is a Matrix fields with a lot of sub fields/columns. Currently this is outputted in my XML as follows:

<voorstelling-data><![CDATA[]]></voorstelling-data

Can anyone point me in the right direction how to get the corresponding output for this field? This field contains for example the following fields: stad, provincie, link.

Should I make a nested matrix request? I tried this for example (in a separate template), but without any luck:

{exp:export_it:matrix
 format
="xls"

entry_id="24647"

field_id="voorstelling-data"

Any tips?

mithra62
# 1
Developer
mithra62

Hi Joost,

The Export It tags are all stand alone so you can’t nest them in anything. Really, you can only have a single Export It tag in a single template.

Can you tell me what version of EE you’re using?

Thanks,
Eric

Joost Plas
# 2
Joost Plas

Currently I am using 2.1.4 (unfortunately it hasn’t been updated a while).

Will this cause issues with Export-It?

Joost Plas
# 3
Joost Plas

Any tips?

It should be possible to get some Matrix output in my XML right?

mithra62
# 4
Developer
mithra62

Oh yes, you should absolutely be able to do what you’re looking to do. Not good that you can’t…

Can you send me FTP and Super Admin access so I can take a look and debug things? It should “just work” so I have see things first hand, you know?

Thanks,
Eric
eric at mithra62 dot com

Joost Plas
# 5
Joost Plas

Unfortunately I am working on a dev server that is not publicly accessible.

Maybe you can give me some general tips?

Should I get Matrix output when I am using the channel_entries tag?
Or are Matrix fields always empty unless you use the special matrix tag?

mithra62
# 6
Developer
mithra62

That’s just it; the Matrix is supposed to output normally if it’s a part of the channel_entries export. So it should be there. The stand alone Matrix tags are just so you can go straight to Matrix without all the Entry cruft if that’s the client’s thing.

I’ll dig into some Matrix sites I have access to and see if I can debug this on my end. I have some updates in terms of the new Relationship field type too so I’ll add this into the mix.

I’ll send you a review copy once it’s available, likely on Monday or so.

Thanks,
Eric

Joost Plas
# 7
Joost Plas

Great, then I at least know what the normal behaviour should be.

Thanks for your help, looking forward to test further!

mithra62
# 8
Developer
mithra62

Hi Joost,

Unfortunately, I can’t verify this issue on my end. I’ve ran multiple exports, on various channels containing Matrix and various data types, and it works perfectly. I’m really going to need direct access to debug things for you. When you get a chance to push things please let me know and I’ll do what I can to help set this right.

Thanks,
Eric

Joost Plas
# 9
Joost Plas

I emailed you about access to my server!

Joost Plas
# 10
Joost Plas

Did you have a change to look at the server?

grantmx
# 11
grantmx

I’m having the same issue.  I am running EE 2.7.2 and I don’t see any of my matrix data in my data export.  Any ideas?