Archived
Forum
(read-only)

For official support, visit the official support site »

Entry linking

ExpressionEngine 1.x, ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Yuri Salimovskiy

Would it be possible to add the limit=”” Parameter to exp:entry_linking?

Feature Request

JulesWebb
JulesWebb

Hi Yuri,

I just purchased and set up Entry Linking.  It’s working great, but it would be awesome to be able to limit the number of entries brought in with exp:entry_linking.

I’m working on a project where I’m displaying 4 portfolio images on the home page. When you click on an image a larger image opens up in a lightbox (foundation 5 reveal modal). I’m using Entry Linking to navigate to the next and previous images within the modal window.. This works perfectly except the last portfolio image still shows a “next” link.

Since the links are within a modal window it’s taken out of the document flow and I’m not able to target the last link using :last-child.

Below is an example of the code I’m using with the limit=”“

{exp:entry_linking entry_id="{entry_id}" link="prev" sort="DESC" channel="logos" status="open" mode="full" no_results="empty" limit="4"}

<a href="#" data-reveal-id="project_{link_entry_id}" class="custom-button red mr-2">Prev</a>
{/exp:entry_linking}
{exp
:entry_linking entry_id="{entry_id}" link="next" sort="DESC" channel="logos" status="open" mode="full" no_results="empty" limit="4"}

<a href="#" data-reveal-id="project_{link_entry_id}" class="custom-button red next">Next</a>
{/exp:entry_linking} 

Would something like this be possible? And do you have the time to implement it?

Thanks for the feedback!
jules

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 1
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

Hi Jules,

I don’t think that is possible. The add-on will simply not know from what entry to start counting the limit. It is always limit=1 from current entry

JulesWebb
# 2
JulesWebb

Hi Yuri

Thank you for such a speedy reply!

RE: I don’t think that is possible.
Oh well…

RE:The add-on will simply not know from what entry to start counting the limit. It is always limit=1 from current entry
I understand.

Can’t blame a girl for hoping! ;)

Cheers!
jules