Extension

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Encaf FreeChimp

ExpressionEngine 1.x, ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Chad Crowell

FreeChimp compatible with latest FreeForm?

General

Chad Boswell
Chad Boswell

Hi Chad,

I want to confirm that FreeChimp is compatable with FreeForm Pro. I’m using the free version but wanted to confirm this will work with it.

There is a fieldtype called mailinglist that comes with FreeForm by default. Will your extension work with any fieldtype or only checkboxes?

Thanks,

Chad Boswell

Chad Boswell
# 1
Chad Boswell

Chad,

I tested it and here is the error I got:

A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1146

Table ‘fasdbee2.exp_freeform_entries’ doesn’t exist

SELECT first_name, last_name, email, newsletter_subscribe FROM exp_freeform_entries where entry_id = ‘1’ limit 1

Filename: third_party/freechimp/ext.freechimp.php

Line Number: 132

« Back

I’m using EE 2.4

Thanks,

Chad Boswell

Chad Crowell
# 2
Developer
Chad Crowell

Hi Chad - unfortunately I didn’t write Freechimp for ee2, I did the ee1 version and Yuri from Intoeetive did the ee2 port and then sent it to me to post here. So, I haven’t used it at all and can’t say what it does and doesn’t work with, regarding Freeform versions. I’ll email Yuri and see if he wants to do a little testing against this bug.

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 3
Yuri Salimovskiy

Hi Chad,

Solspace must have made some significant changes to Pro version (or latest version or Freeform). Unfortunately I don’t have time to support this addon (and don’t even have FreeForm Pro), but I’m sure this is something simple.

If you decide to make the changes, feel free to fork & pull GitHub repo so anyone in the community could benefit from it
https://github.com/intoeetive/freechimp

Chad Crowell
# 4
Developer
Chad Crowell

Ya I haven’t used Freeform Pro either so I don’t have a copy of it. I’m not sure there’s much we can do now, Chad, since we don’t have the software nor a reason to buy it for a project at this point. The error you show suggests database architecture changes for Freeform Pro so that likely suggests a full rewrite of Freechimp to deal with its new functionality. When I need FF Pro for a project I can certainly take a look at it. I can tell you that Freechimp has never interfaced with fieldtypes, only basic checkboxes.