ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Coffee Bean Design

You must be logged in to post.

EE3

General

CreateSean
CreateSean

Will you be updating this addon to work with EE 3.x?

Coffee Bean Design
# 1
Developer
Coffee Bean Design

Hi CreateSean,

Thanks for getting in touch.  I do hope to release a new version for EE3 as soon as I can but no dates are confirmed yet.

CreateSean
# 2
CreateSean

Understand, could you update this thread when you have an update ready or ETA available.

Thank you.

aasman
# 3
aasman

Hi,

Any movement or plans relating to an EE3 update?

Coffee Bean Design
# 4
Developer
Coffee Bean Design

Hi there,

Thanks for your interest.  It is still on the list but we are currently busy with other projects at present.  I hope (just hope at the moment) to get this sorted within the next few months.  I’m sorry if this doesn’t fit with your project timeline.

susanfw
# 5
susanfw

+1 requesting EE3 support.

owlookit
# 6
owlookit

+1 for the EE3 support

susanfw
# 7
susanfw

Any update on an EE3 compatibility? This is holding me back from updating one of my sites to EE3.

Coffee Bean Design
# 8
Developer
Coffee Bean Design

No particular update other than it is still my intention to do it as soon as possible.  I appreciate your patience and realise this is frustrating.  I presently have lots of work to complete (which is great) but it means eeXam has been on the back burner for a while.  I haven’t forgotten you…  “upgrade eeXam” flashes up on my todo list every Monday!

kwilter
# 9
kwilter

I am also very interested in this. Hoping your update comes soon!

Rowan
# 10
Rowan

+1 for this.
Wow! a year ago this was requested and no action on it. I figured waiting this long to look at upgrading to EE3 would be plenty of time for developers of paid addons to migrate their products over to EE3 compatibility.
I’m halting my EE3 upgrade until your addon is compatible.

Coffee Bean Design
# 11
Developer
Coffee Bean Design

Hi Rowan,

I’m sorry this has been frustrating for you.  I have not had the opportunity to commit any time to updating eeXam for EE3.  I no longer work with EE and in reality, sales barely cover the costs of maintaining and supporting it.  I have been thinking about what to do with the add-on for some time but your post has prompted me to make a firm decision.  From today, I am making the code free and open source and will not be developing it further.  The time commitment is too great and the return too small.  Feel free to take the code elsewhere and do with it what you will.

Good luck with your project.

Rowan
# 12
Rowan

Hey Coffee Bean Design,

Thanks for your honest reply. I am so sorry that your awesome module has not been sustainable for you! You have done a great job with this, so its sad to hear.
I’m curious what platform(s) you are developing on these days if not EE? I can’t see much from your website.
I really hope someone can take this code on and get it updated. It is beyond my means at this point.

Halting my EE3 upgrade is a blesisng in disguise. The upgrade path is wrought with complexity and eExam is not the only essential 3rd party code we’re using that isn’t ready for EE3.

Thanks again,
Rowan