ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From The Web Developers

You must be logged in to post.

PreSales Question

General

amadeus
amadeus

I’m interested to use the addon to compile Bootstrap Less Files on the fly. I am new to this topic but I read a lot about it and because of working with ee as the main cms I want to achieve the following workflow and hope it will be possible with this addon:

* I want to edit all less files offline (ee save template as file) and upload them through ftp
* I’d like the addon to recognize if one (of the various) less files imported through the “main” less file is updated then automatically to compile the whole css on the fly

Will the addon manage this?

The Web Developers
# 1
Developer
The Web Developers

The CSS file is generated when templates are saved through the ExpressionEngine Template Manager, so you would need to save any changes through there in order for the LESS files to compile to CSS.

If you @import any of your other LESS template files into the master LESS template file it will automatically include these and compile them as a normal LESS file would work and generate the CSS file accordingly.

Any other questions just let us know!

amadeus
# 2
amadeus

First thank you! But hmmm…  who really uses the template manager as a code editor? The workflow is always edit -> save -> preview… and this sometimes 4 times a minute… so how to do that efficiently - without using the template manager as editor? Any Idea?

amadeus
# 3
amadeus

Can you answer my preious post please? I’d really like to purchase the addon, but want to know what expects me… Am I right with this: So I can edit all my .less files offline an upload them. Only the master.less file selected through your addon has to be saved through the template manager. Every .less file that is imported into the master.less file will be compiled from the (uploade) static files as well… and no chance to “auto-compile” the css if one out of all the .less files has been changed, right?

The Web Developers
# 4
Developer
The Web Developers

Hi amadeus -

We’ve been looking into a solution for you. At the moment we’re trying to look for the most elegant way of implementing such a feature, as the only way this plugin compiles the code is through saving any of the LESS files through Template Manager.

We’ll keep you posted with our progress.

amadeus
# 5
amadeus

Thank you! Really looking forward to hear from you and to find a way to automate things when using LESS and EE together!