Editorial Calendar

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Glenn Jacobs

Can it do this…

Support Request

T2theC
T2theC

Wow! This looks soooo useful. What an awesome addons. Nice job.

I take it that entry dates are used. Can it use a custom date field? I need I build a booking system with cartthrob and it’s orders channel. I’d like keep the entry date as it is because its the date the order was placed. If I could specify another field, it would be AWESOME!

Thanks

glennj
# 1
Developer
glennj

Certainly possible, when do you need this by? I want to release another version soon with some settings so that you can choose which channel(s) it runs off etc.

glennj
# 2
Developer
glennj

I’ve just realised, I need to do the exact same thing on a client project also! So this will definitely happen. I will also allow it to have a end time/date configurable I think, so you can do bookings from 10AM - 12PM, or Mon - Wed etc.

Keep the ideas coming!

T2theC
# 3
T2theC

Ace - I am quoting at the mo, so if the job comes through, it might be a week or so.

Also, it would great to see some front end template tags to show the availability/booked elements of an entry. I HATE working with calendars! So anything to take the pain away would be awesome.

There is such a large scope for this addon! Really nice work!

glennj
# 4
Developer
glennj

What I’m likely to do is created a modified version of this module. Which will have all these bells n whistles, I’m still spec’ing it out but I would imagine it will be ready in a couple of weeks. Probably have a slightly higher price, due to the amount of work, but still cheap considering!

T2theC
# 5
T2theC

Damn right. I can imagine it being worth every penny. I look forward to seeing the ‘Pro’ version soon then.

I like that you mentioned the times/days option. This would be really useful for hotels as they book by night and not a full day etc. Having defaults like that would be awesome.

Cheers

glennj
# 6
Developer
glennj

OK, possible change of plans as my client has changed his requirements.

I would suggest taking a look at rEEservation in the meantime.

T2theC
# 7
T2theC

Ahhhh. That is a real shame. Damn those clients! Ha ha.

Thanks for letting me know. If you do ever find the time, I’m sure people would find the addon very useful. There are so many things you could do with it.

I have looked a rEEservation - if looks ok, but no CT support has out me off and it just isn’t as flexible as this would have been.

Thanks again.

T2theC
# 8
T2theC

Oops. Posted twice.

Posted deleted.

glennj
# 9
Developer
glennj

Will keep you posted…