Dropex

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Yoursort

Security

General

Nutmeg
Nutmeg

How secure is Dropex (e.g. compared with Link Vault)?

Lars Bilke
# 1
Developer
Lars Bilke

Hi,
Dropex uses the official Dropbox API. That means Dropex authenticates itself via OAuth to your Dropbox account (should be safe).

Then there are two ways to display links to files in Dropbox. If you set the preview-parameter to on then the link never expires. So if somebody has the link he can download the file. If you set the preview-parameter to off (which is the default) the link expires after four hours (so this is the safer way).

Nutmeg
# 2
Nutmeg

Thanks Lars, it seems that this add-on doesn’t integrate with EE’s control panel as a Field Type. I was hoping to be able to let my client choose the files on dropbox by adding these with a field type which would result in a rendered template where the user selects a file to download.

This add-on seems to generate a file browser directly in the Dropbox file server, right?

Is there a method as described above?

Lars Bilke
# 3
Developer
Lars Bilke

First thanks for your purchase. No it is not a field type. And yes it is simply a sort of file browser which can be embedded into an EE site. I am sorry but if it does not fit your needs feel free to refund your money because it is very unlikely that I will implement this feature in the next time.

Lars