Deviant

ExpressionEngine 1.x, ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Derek Hogue

Stay on page/quicksave

Feature Request

timjukes
timjukes

Hi - I’ve found Deviant to be brilliant in most situations, but sometimes I just want to save the entry and stay on the edit page rather than redirecting. I’ve tried Quicksave which does what I’m after but Deviant seems to jump in and override - do you know if there’s a similar add-on that’s compatible, or suggestions on an approch I could use to get the two working together?

Thanks!

Derek Hogue
# 1
Developer
Derek Hogue

It looks like QuickSave is not enabled on a per-channel basis, but site-wide, so I can’t really see how you wold ever need to call upon one when the other is installed. Can you clarify?

You can tell Deviant to redirect to the Edit Entry for the entry you just saved on a per-channel basis, and conditionally based on whether you are creating a new entry or updating an entry.

But the reason that Deviant is overriding QuickSave for the redirect is because they use the same hook, and Deviant sets a higher priority when installed. You can adjust the priority of each by looking at the “priority” column in the exp_extensions table.

timjukes
# 2
timjukes

Thanks - I’ll look at the priority column - hopefully that should fix it.

Basically with Quicksave, there’s a “Save” button which should keep you on the same edit page, but I think Deviant is called first and so the page redirects instead. There’s also a “Save and Close” button which would take you to the preview screen normally - here is where I would want Deviant to takeover the reins.