Extension, Module

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Detour Pro

ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4, ExpressionEngine 5, ExpressionEngine 6

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Tom Jaeger

How to redirect to root? 

Support Request

Copious Creative
Copious Creative

How do I redirect to the root of the site? We used to have a /mobile page on our old site. We have updated to a responsive layout and this page no longer exists. I want to redirect to the home page. We have used the .htaccess to remove index.php from the path.

cityzen
# 1
cityzen

Hey there -

Let me test something and get back to you shortly.  I am addressing something similar to this in the next release so I may need to send you an updated file in the meantime.

Thanks,

Mike

tcherokee
# 2
tcherokee

Any success with this? I am also looking to just redirect the homepage. I tried using / to /it. but had a problem with detour redirecting the admin page login which breaks it.

cityzen
# 3
cityzen

Hey there -

Were you able to resolve this? So i understand correctly, you can redirect your homepage but you can’t access the control panel now? Let me know, you can email me directly at mike [at] cityzen.com and i can try to help you directly (should be in the office in about an hour).

Thanks,

Mike

Jon Horton
# 4
Jon Horton

I’m having this same issue—In order to redirect to the homepage, I have to enter the full url: http://sitename.com

I’m unable to set a redirect by adding a / or leaving the field blank.  Is there a better way to do this instead of setting the full site url?

cityzen
# 5
cityzen

Hi Jon -

At this time, no and it’s partially due to the redirect issue with the control panel and people not being able to access the CP if they have the homepage redirecting. I’m working on a fix for this but I want it to be something that solves multiple problems. If you’re having any immediate issues, please don’t hesitate to email me and we can figure something out.

Thanks!

Mike