ExpressionEngine 3, ExpressionEngine 4

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Derek Hogue

You must be logged in to post.

Dashboard Analytics Main Screen not loading

General (Resolved)

bpaladino
bpaladino

Dashboard Analytics was working perfect for a few weeks and now all I get is the spinning icon when loading the dashboard. I updated EE to 3.5.4, but it was working fine even after the upgrade. I’ve cleared my cache as well. Thanks for your help!

Derek Hogue
# 1
Developer
Derek Hogue

This is likely being caused by a javascript error. Can you look in the browser’s developer console and tell me if there are any errors listed there?

bpaladino
# 2
bpaladino

Thanks for the quick reply! There is an error in the console:

XMLHttpRequest cannot load https://csgalinks.org/dev/?ACT=27&site_id=1&csrf_token=43f376cdece1f1026510f6b05ed9f9736c7810d9. No ‘Access-Control-Allow-Origin’ header is present on the requested resource. Origin ‘https://www.csgalinks.org’ is therefore not allowed access.

Derek Hogue
# 3
Developer
Derek Hogue

Ah - you’re logging-in at your www domain, but your site URL is set to your non-www domain. They need to match for AJAX calls to work. (I usually put a rule in my site’s .htaccess file to redirect all www traffic to non-www - often web hosts will have an option in the setup UI to enforce this as well.)

bpaladino
# 4
bpaladino

Thanks again for the reply. I was able to resolve the error and the dashboard was working again, but now it has stopped working completely and there is no spinning icon. I’ve generated the token correctly in the settings and am able to select my site. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Derek Hogue
# 5
Developer
Derek Hogue

Is there an error in the console again?

bpaladino
# 6
bpaladino

No errors in the console :-(

Derek Hogue
# 7
Developer
Derek Hogue

Can you email me an EE Super Admin login so I can take a look? derek@amphibian.info

Derek Hogue
# 8
Developer
Derek Hogue

The issue here was that the site’s URL under URL and Path Settings was not pointing to the main EE controller file (index.php was actually a static, temporary placeholder, not EE’s default controller), which prevented Dashboard Analytics from dynamically fetching its data via AJAX.