Module

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Exp:resso does not actively monitor this forum
(but you can still get help from other EE users).

For official support, visit the official support site »

CX Disqus Comments

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Exp:resso

You must be logged in to post.

API errors when exporting

Support Request

ecc1977
ecc1977

I’m getting API errors as I try to export comments. The export will run fine for about 200 comments, then spit out a 404 error page. Last night I was able to do this twice each hour before getting a bunch of lines of code about an API error, which seems to be trying to tell me I’m hitting an API limit:

Fatal errorUncaught exception 'DisqusAPIError' with message 'There was internal server error while processing your request' in 
/expressionengine/third_party/cx_disqus/libraries/disqusapi.php:118 Stack trace#0
/expressionengine/third_party/cx_disqus/mcp.cx_disqus.php(159): DisqusResource->__call('create', Array) #1
/expressionengine/third_party/cx_disqus/mcp.cx_disqus.php(159): DisqusResource->create(Array) #2
/expressionengine/third_party/cx_disqus/mcp.cx_disqus.php(115): Cx_disqus_mcp->_push_comment(Array) #3
/expressionengine/third_party/cx_disqus/mcp.cx_disqus.php(83): Cx_disqus_mcp->_export_comments() #4
/expressionengine/controllers/cp/addons_modules.php(353): Cx_disqus_mcp->export() #5 [internal function]: Addons_modules-
>show_module_cp() #6 /codeigniter/system/core/CodeIgniter.php(297): call_user_func_arr in
/expressionengine/third_party/cx_disqus/libraries/disqusapi.php on line 118 

(I’ve stripped out the parts that identify my server and where my system folder is located, but otherwise, this is the code I’m getting)

I have 2700 comments total to export. So far, I’ve exported about 2100. It’s working, but these errors are a bit frustrating.

NOTE (19 Jun 2011 at 8:23 a.m. eastern time): This error may be different from the one I was seeing last night because now I can’t export anything, regardless of how long I wait to let API limits reset.

Exp:resso
# 1
Developer
Exp:resso

Hi ecc1977

Interesting, we haven’t tested exporting that many comments at once, however there is not supposed to be a rate limit on the Disqus comment import API. I’ve made some changes in the next version which will more thoroughly check communication with Disqus before it tries to export comments, so at least this would prevent the PHP errors you are seeing. However, I’d like to look at your errors a bit closer and figure out why this is happening.

Could you please email me support@crescendo.net.nz so I can help you further.

Thanks
Adrian