Bug Report

Tyssen
Tyssen

I’m getting the following error after submitting a Freeform form:

MessageUndefined propertyEE::$TMPL

Filename
system_messages/ext.system_messages.php

Line Number

I was using 2.1.2 and getting the same error for a different line number but after upgrading to 2.2.2 I still get the error above.

The site is also using Structure and the return param for Freeform is a page that doesn’t actually exist but it’s supposed to be ignored by Structure with the Freebie extension (not sure if that makes a difference to the error in this case or not).

litzinger
# 1
Developer
litzinger

Is this in EE 1 or EE 2?

Tyssen
# 2
Tyssen

Sorry 2.2.2.

litzinger
# 3
Developer
litzinger

Tyssen, it may be a couple days before I can dig into this. I’ve seen this happen with other Solspace add-ons installed. They use a custom parser and reset the TMPL object. I don’t know if it’s something on their end, or if I should be loading the TMPL object differently myself.

In the mean time, can you look at your exp_extensions table and tell me what priorities are set for System_messages_ext and Freeform_ext?

Tyssen
# 4
Tyssen

System_messages_ext are 6 & 7. Freeform doesn’t actually have an extension but Freeform Antispam does which are 18-20.

litzinger
# 5
Developer
litzinger

What other add-ons do you have installed? Anything else from Solspace? Ratings by chance?

I just tested with a clean install of CSM and Freeform and wasn’t getting any errors like that. The last time I saw this sort of error was with the Ratings module.

Tyssen
# 6
Tyssen

Nothing else by Solspace. I’ve got Assets, Matrix, Playa, Wygwam, Low Variables, Structure, Safe Harbor Lite, Logiq Pagination, Low Seg2Cat, NSM Better Meta, Minimee, CacheCracker. There’s a few more extensions and accessories but I don’t think they have any bearing on the templates. I haven’t listed any plugins.

litzinger
# 7
Developer
litzinger

Tyssen, email me at litzinger at gmail, I made a change that works for me locally and my not throw an error for you.

litzinger
# 8
Developer
litzinger

Resolved via email.