Archived
Forum
(read-only)

For official support, visit the official support site »

Crosslinking

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Yuri Salimovskiy

Can you explain how Channel crosslinks work?

General

Adam Christianson
Adam Christianson

We just picked up your add on and I am playing with it in my development environment. The add-on seems straight forward, but I’m not sure I understand the Channel crosslinks. I’ve turned them on for a couple channels, but I’m not seeing the links. Can you explain in a little more detail how this feature works?

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 1
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

Channel crosslinking means that each of entry titles in selected channel is considered a keyword for replacement, the URL is entry’s URL.

Adam Christianson
# 2
Adam Christianson

Would that mean a full exact title match? For example, if my channel entry title was, “This is the title of my post” then would it match that EXACT phrase as the keyword and cross link it if it was used in another post. Like:

“I just posted an article yesterday called, This is the title of my post, you should really check it out.”

So the “This is the title of my post” should get cross linked automatically?

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 3
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

Yes, that means full match (but not case sensitive)

Adam Christianson
# 4
Adam Christianson

Thanks. For some reason I couldn’t seem to get it working in my testing, but I’ll try again. Probably human error, but it helps to know it works how I thought it would.

Ahmet Cetin
# 5
Ahmet Cetin

Hi,
Is it supporting more than one channels? For the URL, do you point the template’s address you want to show the entry?
Cheers,
Ahmet

Yuri Salimovskiy
# 6
Developer
Yuri Salimovskiy

Hi Ahmet,

yes you can define several channels for crosslinking. The URL will be build based on Comment Page URL/Channel URL settings for each channel.