CP Analytics

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Derek Hogue

Error Number: 2006

Support Request

Mike Mella
Mike Mella

CP Analytics used to work great, but then all of a sudden when I tried to log in to my site, I see this error preventing me from getting to the control panel:

A Database Error Occurred
Error Number

MySQL server has gone away

SELECT settings FROM exp_extensions WHERE 
class = 'Cp_analytics_ext' LIMIT 1 

Disabling the add-on (by setting the limit parameter to zero in the file acc.cp_analytics.php) restored my control panel.

I cleared my cache, as recommended in this thread and then enabled the add-on again and now it works, but I’m concerned that this may happen again.

I also found this thread, which suggests that it’s a server wait_timeout issue.

I contacted my host (BlueFur.ca) to ask them to boost the wait_timeout on the server as that thread recommended, but they refused.  They asked me to “let us know the exact port and IP address used by this plugin so that we can whitelist those with our firewall.”  I wasn’t able to determine this.  Is this something you can tell me?

Thanks for any help.

Derek Hogue
# 1
Developer
Derek Hogue

Hey Mike,

I don’t think it’s a wait_timeout issue, as the default value for wait_timeout is 8 hours (!). But it might be a memory issue. What’s your PHP memory limit at? Can you try upping it?

I found a similar thread where this was happening when grabbing CartThrob settings here, and FieldFrame was the culprit somehow (this is under EE1).  FieldFrame is a big library of code, so again, could be memory. (Another thread pointed ImageSizer, another memory hog when it’s doing image processing.) Both CartThrob and my add-on do store a bug hunk of data in the settings column (that’s where I cash all the stats each hour/day), maybe, with everything else being loaded into the CP, it’s putting the memory over the top when being loaded into the global EE object.

Mike Mella
# 2
Mike Mella

Thanks Derek.  How would I find/adjust the PHP memory limit?

Derek Hogue
# 3
Developer
Derek Hogue

You can find your current limit under Tools → Utilities → PHP Info. On that page, search for “memory_limit”.

Your host would likely have to adjust it for you, unless you have root access to your server.

Mike Mella
# 4
Mike Mella

Okay it’s 64 MB.  That should be fine, shouldn’t it?

Derek Hogue
# 5
Developer
Derek Hogue

It definitely should be. Consider me stumped. All the accessory is doing is loading one column from the database.

If it recurs, let me know here.

Mike Mella
# 6
Mike Mella

Okay thanks.