CP Analytics

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Derek Hogue

Prior version removed, new one not displaying in CP

Support (Resolved)

idontwantone
idontwantone

Hi, I had version 1.2.3. I upgraded to the latest but the new version is not displaying. My process was: uninstall the plugin, move the old directory to /root, copy the new folders into position, clear my cache (all), and it will only show the old version number. If I try to install the plugin it looks and feels like the old one as well. Help appreciated, thanks!

idontwantone
# 1
idontwantone

Now I get this:

A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 1146

Table ‘prod.exp_cp_analytics’ doesn’t exist

SELECT profile FROM exp_cp_analytics WHERE site_id = 1

Filename: /mnt/var/www/.../third_party/cp_analytics/models/cp_analytics_model.php

Line Number: 441

Derek Hogue
# 2
Developer
Derek Hogue

Sounds like the installation did not go as planned. Go to Add-ons → Modules and uninstall CP Analytics. Make sure you choose both the Module and Accessory when on the Uninstall confirmation screen.

Then visit Add-ons → Extensions and make sure that CP Analytics is not listed there anywhere. (Version 2 does not use an extension as version 1 did, and this is often a source of problems when people upgrade but fail to uninstall the previous extension.)

Then, delete the cp_analytics folder from /system/expressionengine/third_party/, upload a fresh copy, then install again via Add-ons → Modules

idontwantone
# 3
idontwantone

Okay I have done but now the module does not show up in the admin panel. I changed ownership and group to www-data.

Derek Hogue
# 4
Developer
Derek Hogue

What version of EE are you running? Is the cp_analytics folder inside of /system/expressionengine/third_party/?

idontwantone
# 5
idontwantone

v2.5.5 and yes it is.

idontwantone
# 6
idontwantone

Now I am getting

A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 1146

Table ‘prod.exp_cp_analytics’ doesn’t exist

SELECT profile FROM exp_cp_analytics WHERE site_id = 1

Filename: /mnt/var/www/www/third_party/cp_analytics/models/cp_analytics_model.php

Line Number: 441

Derek Hogue
# 7
Developer
Derek Hogue

It seems that the database table is not being created. Are you using a custom database prefix for EE?

idontwantone
# 8
idontwantone

That is possible but I did not set it up originally it is looking for

Table ‘ee_prod.exp_cp_analytics’ doesn’t exist

Derek Hogue
# 9
Developer
Derek Hogue

Can you email me FTP and EE Super Admin credentials? Not sure how much further I can help without getting in to poke around.

idontwantone
# 10
idontwantone

afraid I can’t do that :(