View Other Add-ons From Causing Effect

created_at_relative not working?

Support (Resolved)

Electric Putty
Electric Putty

Hey there,

Just noticed on a client site that

{created_at_relative} 

is returning a unix timestamp rather than a human readable string. I’ve tried using the code snippet from the CE Tweet docs, and looked at the Twitter API docs and it looks like it’s been removed? I can’t seem to find anything on Google about it but I was just wondering if you could confirm/deny.

Thanks,

Rob

Electric Putty
# 1
Electric Putty

Sorry, should’ve added that this is a EE 2.8.1 site with MSM and CE Tweet 1.3.8

Causing Effect - Aaron Waldon
# 2
Developer

Hi Rob!

I’m trying to reproduce the issue. Which CE Tweet tag are you using? I just tried it with the ce_tweet:user_timeline tag and it seemed to be working as expected.

Electric Putty
# 3
Electric Putty

Hey Aaron,

I’m using the `{exp:ce_tweet:user_timeline}` tag, as well as `{exp:ce_tweet:search}` and `{exp:ce_tweet:lists_statuses}`

I’m not sure why it’s only started happening fairly recently. If it’s working your end, is there anything I can do / hack to output something useful for debugging? Perhaps my OAuth details are out of date or Twitter changed them? The only other thing I’ve done is add more MSM sites to the site.

P.S. With this ‘bug’, {created_at_relative} works with the format=”” param for some reason.

Thanks,

Rob

# 4
Developer

Another thing that may work is using the {created_at} variable with EE’s built-in relative formatting. I have not tried that out, but it may work since the {created_at_relative} variable doesn’t seem to be outputting the expected result.

Electric Putty
# 5
Electric Putty

Hey Aaron,

I totally forgot about EE’s built in relative formatting! I’ve tried this now and that works fine, so it’s just CE Tweet that’s having the issue. A bit confusing, but as far as our client is concerned, I can resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Rob

# 6
Developer

No problem. I’m unable to replicated the issue with it not working with CE Tweet, but I’m glad you are able to accomplish the same thing with native EE now. :)