ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Causing Effect

A bit confused

Support (Resolved)

Boyink
Boyink

Hey Aaron -

I have a client site where the client bought/installed CE Lossless and is now asking me to look into how to use it best.

The site does not use CE Image, but the Lossless docs say it works with native uploads as well.

The extension is installed, but I can’t get to any configuration settings.

How do I tell if it’s working?

Causing Effect - Aaron Waldon
# 1
Developer

Hi Boyink,

The extension is installed, but I can’t get to any configuration settings.

The configuration settings are config based. You need to set which compression technologies are being used (see step 3 of the Installation Instructions).

How do I tell if it’s working?

I have a new version of CE Lossless that I need to release that has a logger, so that you can see the compression results. I’ll try to get that released today.

When CE Lossless was only used with CE Image, it was easy to see the compression info in the debug information, but now that uploads (and Assets in the new release) are supported, the logger is needed to see the compression savings.

Boyink
# 2
Boyink

Ah - sorry for not catching that (I didn’t do the install but still should have read the docs).

Boyink
# 3
Boyink

OK - enabled the extension, set the config to use Smushit, and have uploaded a couple of images. Not seeing any size changes.

# 4
Developer

The new version of CE Lossless is uploaded. You can enable logging for the add-on to see what output is given when you upload an image.

Please let me know what you find out. :)

# 5
Developer

Did you get a chance to try out the latest version? Let me know if it still isn’t working so that we can troubleshoot further. :)

Boyink
# 6
Boyink

Sorry, no. We had a family emergency come up this week and I’m just not getting back to projects. I hope to try it out this afternoon.

# 7
Developer

No worries. Hope everything is okay.

Boyink
# 8
Boyink

OK is relative..:-| 

I have installed v1.4 and the log shows successful resizing using Yahoo Smushit - so we’re all set here.

Thanks Aaron!