Extension

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

CE Longer Titles

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Discontinued

EE 2.1.3 url_title is still truncated (Unresolved)

Bug Report

marflow
marflow

Hello Aaron,

I´m testing your extension, but it´s not working for me. I set url-title to 500 but it is nevertheless shortended to 75 characters. I am using EE 2.1.3. Do you have an idea what I could try? Thanks a lot for any suggestions!

Wolfram

Causing Effect - Aaron Waldon
# 1
Developer
Causing Effect - Aaron Waldon

Wolfram,

I have spent a couple of hours troubleshooting this problem this morning and I have come up short. I have setup a fresh install of EE 2.1.3 and have discovered that while the extension still works to change the field’s maxlength and override the JavaScript function to prevent the field from being truncated, EE is now truncating the URL title internally.  I have still not been able to pinpoint where, but I may not be able to fix this without hacking the core files now.

Have you tried http://devot-ee.com/add-ons/mx-title-control/ ? It may still work. Please let me know if it does.

I have determined that the data is being submitted to EE at the correct longer length, and that somewhere in the submission process it is being cut off, but I have not been able to pinpoint where yet. I will put more time into this when I have the chance. Sorry for the inconvenience, but this change to EE core seems to be out of my control…

Regards,

Aaron

marflow
# 2
marflow

Aaron,

thank you for your quick response and explanations! I am very sorry to hear that I burdened you with several hours of work and no success :-(  It will be a poor consolation for you, but you are not alone with the behaviour: I tested MX title control and the url title is shortened to 75 characters as well. I will post this information for Max as well. If he comes up with an idea, maybe that´s suitable for you as well.

Once again, thank you for your effort and willingness to look at the problem instantly!

Wolfram