ExpressionEngine 1.x, ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Causing Effect

You must be logged in to post.

CE image tags not being parsed on new server

Support (Resolved)

Helmet Studio
Helmet Studio

I’m transferring a client’s site from a Media Temple server to a GoDaddy server. The current site on Media Temple is working fine and has been for years. For the duplicate copy on the GoDaddy server the CE image tags are not being parsed, the result of the tag is simply nothing.

I’ve tried to turn on debug mode for the CE image tags but since the tag is not being parsed no debug info is displayed.

I’ve turned on debug info for EE and it does not show anything that appears to be related to the CE image tags.

This is an EE 2.11.9 installation and I’ve updated CE image to 2.4.5

I’ve set permissions on the “made” and “remote” folders.

I’ve cleared caches.

The image tag works outside of the CE image tag, so I can call images using regular EE tags and they will display, but if I wrap them in a CE single image tag the tag is not parsed and nothing is displayed.

I can’t think if anything else to try, any help would be great appreciated.

Causing Effect - Aaron Waldon
# 1
Developer

Hi Helmet Studio!

It sounds like the server is not meeting one or more of the CE Image requirements. You can try downloading and running the Compatability Verification Script from the requirements page to see what the issue might be. Hope that helps!

Helmet Studio
# 2
Helmet Studio

Hi, thanks for the super-quick reply. I forgot to mention that I did run the script and it completed successfully, giving me this message: Congratulations! It appears your server meets the requirements to use CE Image!

Helmet Studio
# 3
Helmet Studio

Turns out it was a file path problem that I was able to fix by adding $config[‘ce_image_src_regex’] = array( ‘/~username’ => ‘’ ); to config.php as described here: https://docs.causingeffect.com/expressionengine/ce-image/user-guide/common-solutions.html

# 4
Developer

Ah, that makes sense. Glad you got it sorted out. :)