ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Vector Media Group

You must be logged in to post.

Output all field data without knowing the field names

General

greendesigned
greendesigned

Is it possible to output all field data into a template without running through all cells?

Just using {catchall_field_name} would generate a table with all the field data

Rather than
{catchall_field_name}
  {catchall_subfield_name}
    {field_name)
  {/catchall_subfield_name}
{/catchall_field_name}

The reason for the question; I am looking to use
SafeCracker, Catchall,  Matrix, MX Notify Control to generate custom forms; MX Notify Control generates emails upon entry to a channel, but if the client adds or removes form elements these must be manually added to the template.

mahuti
# 1
Developer
mahuti

There’s nothing in the field that will do that. Good idea though.

Reinoud en Jules
# 2
Reinoud en Jules

Any update on this?

I am trying to accomplish the exact same thing: Matrix + catchall to generate forms, but I also want to be able to output the form-entries dynamically without having to template them.

I’ve also looked into custom Queries, but no succes. To the developer: where can I find the data in the catchall field? All I can find is this “YTo3OntzOjg6IlZvb3JuYWFtIjtzOjg6IlZldXJuYWFtIjtzOj”-stuff. Is my data in there somewhere?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Reinoud en Jules
# 3
Reinoud en Jules

Alright, managed to pull it off. I’ll post it here so hopefully it’s to help for someone later on.

To output _all_ fields caught by the catchall-field, use this code:

{exp:channel:entries channel="your_channel_name"}

<div>

<?php
   $data 
= @unserialize(base64_decode({field_id_X}));

foreach(
$data as $table_header => $table_data{
     $table_header 
= (strpos($table_header'_') === FALSE) ? $table_header str_replace('_'' '$table_header);

$cleaned_table_header = (strpos($table_header' ') === FALSE) ? $table_header str_replace(' ''_'$table_header);
      if(!
is_array($table_data)) {

// this is the HTML that will be output in your template. The first echo is the name of the field, the second one is it's data.

echo("<b>" $cleaned_table_header ":</b> ");
        echo(
$table_data "<br>");

}
     }

?>

</div>

{/exp:channel:entries} 

Be sure to enable PHP for the template you use this in.

Note: the “field_id_X” is not your field name, but it’s your actual field_id_X, for example “field_id_26” or “field_id_4”. You can find this in your exp_channel_fields table in your database. Look for the fieldname you created as a channel field, look in it’s “field_id” column, add them together (so if the “field_id”-column says “26”, you get “field_id_26”).

I’m not sure why; but the code above doesn’t work with the actual field names.

I put this together using code from the field-type .php-file. Chris: I hope that’s ok with you?

Good luck!