ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Biber Ltd.

Weight conversions not calculating correctly

General

AndrewMac
AndrewMac

Hello there, Biber people

I use this plug-in a lot, and it’s been working great ... but just recently I had to convert from metric to imperial weights (grams to pounds) and the calculations seem to be out.

For example, this is my code:

{exp:bbr_unit_converter unit_type=“weight” unit_from=“g” unit_to=“lbs” round_by=“1” show_unit=“true”} {weight_g}
{/exp:bbr_unit_converter}

And if {weight_g} is 400, Biber Unit Converter is returning 881.8 lbs.
I’ve also tested unit_from as mg and kg, but all values are out by 1000%.

For the moment, I’m just using unit_from=“mg”, which returns the correct 0.9 lbs, but it would be great if you could look into this issue when you get a chance.

Cheers
Andrew

Biber Ltd.
# 1
Developer
Biber Ltd.

Andrew, thanks for letting us know. We’ll fix this during the week (in 2-3 days max.).

AndrewMac
# 2
AndrewMac

Great, thanks for that :-)

AndrewMac
# 3
AndrewMac

Hello again, I know you’re usually really busy ... but I was wondering if you ever got a chance to look into this issue.

Cheers
Andrew

Biber Ltd.
# 4
Developer
Biber Ltd.

hmm this should have been fixed and updated but apparently our development team forgot the issue. I’ll be checking this in a minute.

Can Berkol

AndrewMac
# 5
AndrewMac

Hi Can, thanks for the quick reply. It’s still not a killer issue, because of the work-around I’ve been using ... but it would be great to have it fixed.

Cheers, Andrew

Biber Ltd.
# 6
Developer
Biber Ltd.

we’ve updated the package. can you re-download and try?

AndrewMac
# 7
AndrewMac

Hi Biber people

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I downloaded the package again and the “g->lbs” calculation seems to be working correctly now. The only other little issue I notice, though, is that the same value is being returned with “mg->lbs”, so that one might still be a little bit off.

But at least the important one (for me!) is working correctly now.

Thanks
Andrew

Biber Ltd.
# 8
Developer
Biber Ltd.

we’ll fix that as well. sorry; we are a bit off the hook with excessive project load.