Accessory, Extension

Archived
Forum
(read-only)

Electric Putty does not actively monitor this forum
(but you can still get help from other EE users).

For official support, visit the official support site »

Better Workflow

ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Electric Putty

You must be logged in to post.

safecracker_file

Bug Report

Mark Peach
Mark Peach

Looks like safecracker_file does not work with Better Workflow

I have an entry with an uploaded file to a safecracker_file field. if I delete the file in the field and try and upload a new image - then if I just do a save and close under Better Workflow it does not upload the new image. It only uploads the image if I go straight to publish and do not save.

Excited by this new add-on so hoping I can address this issue as I use safecracker_file all the time.

Mark Peach
# 1
Mark Peach

Actually looked again at the file fieldtype as opposed to the safecracker_file field type and found that the file type now does allow you to restrict and specify the upload folder - which it did not do when I first used EE2 when EE2 came out ( at that point all of the upload folders were available with the file field type). So it looks like safecracker_file can be replaced by the file field type and this seems to work OK with Better Workflow.

Strange that I did not notice this change in the file field type - will have to look when in EE 2 this change came into effect.

So this solves my issue in that I do not need safecracker_file any longer - unless someone can tell me why it is a better solution - but why then does EE2 still ship with the safecracker_file type (that is EE2.2.2 which I am using)

Electric Putty
# 2
Developer
Electric Putty

Replied to on the official Tender ( http://betterworkflow.tenderapp.com )