ExpressionEngine 2, ExpressionEngine 3

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From mithra62

Issue with database backup

Support (Resolved)

Aidan mcgrath
Aidan mcgrath

Hi
I have an issue with my database backups, its exacly the same issue as reported by a few people here.
http://devot-ee.com/add-ons/support/backup-pro/viewthread/5348#23528

I am running expression engine 2.6.1 and backup pro 1.9.4

The database backup is showing as 0 size in backup pro but when I ftp to my database backup folder the missing backups are there as raw.sql files.The empty zip files are also in the same folder.
When manually backing up the db when it fails to zip, the message is:
“Backup Completed! completed backup of (the last table in the ee db), total items 123 or 124”
and the progress bar is stopped just short of the end.This again creates a raw.sql file in the folder.
Thanks for any help
Aidan

mithra62
# 1
Developer
mithra62

That’s likely due to either memory use or execution time exceeding what PHP allows. You should increase both to be sure but doing that will fix you up just fine.

If that’s not possible though, you may need to be selective about what you backup. For example, if you have a directory of files that don’t change often, keep them out of the process.

Eric

brian hackett
# 2
brian hackett

Hi Eric
I have a similar issue, I created a thread on this earlier .
I’m not keen on on changing my global php memory limit, is there somewhere in backup pro where i can change the memory limit for the script using

ini_set('memory_limit','xxx'); 

Thanks
Brian

Aidan mcgrath
# 3
Aidan mcgrath

Hi Eric
Yea I thought it might be a memory issue , changing it for the script would be useful like the guy in the post above suggests , otherwise I will try it in .htaccess
Thanks
Aidan

mithra62
# 4
Developer
mithra62

Backup Pro does this already; it’s a server configuration that prevents PHP from being able to over ride certain settings that prevent this. In those cases, the only way to increase memory is through the php.ini file.

Eric