AJAX Pagination

ExpressionEngine 1.x, ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Laisvunas

Problem when adding entry_id=“not X”

Support Request

Guy
Guy

I am having an issue when I add entry_id=“not {embed:excluded_value}” to my exp:channel:entries channel within the AJAX page.  Without the entry_id=“not {embed:excluded_value}” everything works as planned but as soon as I add it I try the AJAX call and get the following error: “No response from server.”

So it seems entry_id=“x” is not working within the context of the AJAX wrapper.  Am I doing something wrong? Here is a simplified version of the code”:

{exp:ajax_pagination:wrapper
ajax_container=“ajax_container”
embed_template_url=”{homepage}/news/ajax_archive”
process_indicator=“process_indicator”
process_indicator_scroll=“yes”
parse=“inward”
}

{ajax_pagination_container_top}
<div id=“ajax_container”>
{/ajax_pagination_container_top}

{exp:channel:entries channel=“article” orderby=“date” sort=“desc” status=“Open|Cover|Top News|Feature Lead|Opinion Lead|Travel Lead|More News” limit=“5” paginate=“bottom” dynamic=“off” category=”{embed:section_cat}” entry_id=“not {embed:exclude_news}”}

{title}

{paginate}
  {exp:ajax_pagination:links}     
  {if previous_page}
        Previous Page  
      {/if}
      {if next_page}
        Next Page
      {/if}
      {/exp:ajax_pagination:links}
{/paginate}

{/exp:channel:entries}

{ajax_pagination_container_bottom}
</div>
{/ajax_pagination_container_bottom}

{/exp:ajax_pagination:wrapper}

Thanks!

Guy

Laisvunas
# 1
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi,

Which EE version do you use?

Guy
# 2
Guy

This is on v2.5.0 - Build Date: 20120507

Guy

Laisvunas
# 3
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi,

One thing is wrong in your code:

instead of parameter

dynamic="off" 

there should be

dynamic="no" 
Guy
# 4
Guy

Made that change but it made no difference I still get the error when I try to add entry_id=“not 123” to the channel entries pair.

Any other thoughts?

Guy

Laisvunas
# 5
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi,

In the cases when several add-ons do not work together the best way to debug is this: checking if they work correctly in isolation starting from those which should be parsed first.

In your code the first tags which should be parsed are the variables {embed:section_cat} and {embed:exclude_news}. If their output is correct, then check if correct is the output of the tag exp:channel:entries.

Guy
# 6
Guy

The output from the embedded variables is correct.  It is exp:channel:entries tag that presents a problem but only when I try to use the “entry_id” parameter.  With the plugin the “entry_id” parameter causes the initial issue I described initially.  Have you successfully used the “entry_id” when using the plugin?

Thanks!

Guy

Laisvunas
# 7
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi Guy,

Please post here URL of your template for inspection.

Guy
# 8
Guy

Can you provide an e-mail address for me to send the link?  The page is not published yet and I’d prefer not to list the URL in a forum - thanks!

Guy

Laisvunas
# 9
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi,

Send the link to this addres: saugos [at] gmail [dot] com