ExpressionEngine 1.x, ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Laisvunas

You must be logged in to post.

Continuous Pagination

Support Request

Guy
Guy

Hi - wondering how I might be able to leverage the plugin to do continuous pagination?  Rather than hitting next and having the next X number of results replace the existing results I’d like to append the results.  Think about the way Google Image search works.  You get to the bottom of the results there is a button that says “More Results” and clicking the button adds more results below.  Is there a way to do continuous pagination with the plugin?  Seems like it would be a matter of having your limit increase each time - so say you started with 25 results that hitting “more results” would give you 50, 150, 200…. so on.

Laisvunas
# 1
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi Guy,

It seems that what you need is very similar to Previous/Next type of pagination. AJAX Pagination plugin supports this type of pagination.

Or you don’t need previous links, but necessarily need each next page to be appended to the already downloaded content?

Guy
# 2
Guy

Thanks for the fast response.  Yes what I am looking for is less about having “previous” and “next” links and rather about a single “More” link.  Say you started with 25 results hitting “More” would bring back 25 more so that you would now have 50 in front of you - press more again and you would have 75.  See how “load more” works on this page http://www.netmagazine.com/news - it’s about appending to the results much like the Google Images model.  It’s closely related to what your plugin does - just wondering if there is a way to leverage your plugin to do this?

Laisvunas
# 3
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi,

Currently this plugin does not support such functionality. I agree that it would be good to add it.

I will investigate how this functionality can be added.

Scott Thiessen
# 4
Scott Thiessen

This is also what I’m looking for. Any word on whether this kind of functionality could be added? Or, Guy, did you find a solution for this? Thanks!

Lee
# 5
Lee

I’d also like the feature discussed above. Perhaps it could be a new add-on.

Laisvunas
# 6
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi,

I released Infinite Scroll add-on which allows you to implement infinite scroll (continuous scroll) functionality in ExpressionEngine. Any ExpressionEngine tag outputting pagination links is supported!

Lee
# 7
Lee

Noticed it surface last week - it’s on my to have list :)