ExpressionEngine 1.x, ExpressionEngine 2

Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From Laisvunas

You must be logged in to post.

Integrating with search: parameter

Support Request

Wiley
Wiley

I am using AJAX Pagination to page through content based on the “search:” parameter (if custom field is populated, page through those entries).  It’s implemented here:

http://www.coyotemusic.com/events/posters/

The problem is that when I hit the last page (18), the “Next >>” link remains and, when clicked, displays a blank page with the “<< Prev | Next >>” links still there.  I think this is because the exp:ajax_pagination tag doesn’t recognize the “search:” parameter.  Below is my embedded template code. Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  Thanks!

{exp:ajax_pagination weblog="events" limit="12" template="{site_url}events/ajax-posters-paging" holder="ajax_content" parse="inward" }

<class="center"><strong>{prev_link} {if prev_link && next_link}|{/if} {next_link}</strong></p>

{exp:weblog:entries weblog="events" show_future_entries="yes" show_expired="yes" orderby="date"  sort="desc" disable="category_fields|categories|member_data|trackbacks" search:event_art="not IS_EMPTY"  limit="{limit}" offset="{offset}" dynamic="off"}

<div class="poster-collage">
{event_art}
</div>

{/exp:weblog:entries}
{
/exp:ajax_pagination} 

Laisvunas
# 1
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi Wiley,

I’m trying to reproduce the issue.

Which EE version do you use?

Laisvunas
# 2
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi again,

Which tag in your template parses variable

{prev_link} 

and variable

{next_link} 

?

Wiley
# 3
Wiley

My EE version is 1.6.7. As for those variables, I’m not certain.  I think I pulled the {prev_link} and {next_link} syntax from the documentation.  I’m up for changing that method of pagination, if another method works.  I just tried sticking in…

{paginate}{exp:ajax_pagination:links}{pagination_links}{/exp:ajax_pagination:links}{/paginate} 

...but received an error message (maybe those are only good in EE2).

Laisvunas
# 4
Developer
Laisvunas

Hi,

Please, post your current template code and screenshot of the error message.