Back to this add-on's main page
View Other Add-ons From iain

You must be logged in to post.

Database Error

Bug Report

AndrewMac
AndrewMac

Hello there

I’m really sorry, but I’m in a real hurry and won’t have much time to explain ...

I’ve just noticed that I’m getting a database error whenever I try to edit an entry that uses Introvert. Do you happen to have any idea what might be causing the following dtabase error?

A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 1054

Unknown column ‘exp_relationships.rel_parent_id’ in ‘field list’

SELECT DISTINCT exp_relationships.rel_parent_id as parent_idexp_relationships.rel_child_id as child_idexp_channel_titles.channel_idexp_channel_titles.entry_idexp_channel_titles.statusexp_channel_titles.entry_dateexp_channels.channel_titleexp_statuses.statusexp_statuses.highlightexp_channel_titles.title FROM exp_relationships LEFT JOIN exp_channel_titles ON (exp_relationships.rel_parent_id=exp_channel_titles.entry_idLEFT JOIN exp_channel_data ON (exp_relationships.rel_parent_id=exp_channel_data.entry_idLEFT JOIN exp_channels ON (exp_channels.channel_id=exp_channel_titles.channel_idLEFT JOIN exp_statuses ON (exp_channel_titles.status=exp_statuses.statusWHERE exp_relationships.rel_child_id '57' ORDER BY exp_channels.channel_titleexp_channel_titles.title

Filename
: /Volumes/iMac Server/Files/Sites/ExpressionEnginuity/expressi/silkwormbooks.net/html/third_party/addons/introvert/ft.introvert.php

Line Number
iain
# 1
Developer
iain

What EE Version?

jtnick
# 2
jtnick

We are experiencing the same on a recently updated EE 2.10.1 site. Running latest Playa and Introvert.

jtnick
# 3
jtnick

From what we can tell, the Switch statement that checks for $type (line 252-267) is not picking up “playa_4” and instead is targeting the default case.

While it’s not a proper solution, since we use Playa exclusively on this site, we adjusted lines 265-267 in ft.introvert.php to target the playa database and parent/child column names again vs. the standard relationship fields. Perhaps something changed with the standard relationships in EE and “rel_parent_id” is no longer valid?

AndrewMac
# 4
AndrewMac

Yes, same as jtnick ... a recently updated EE 2.10.1 site (using MSM as well, if that’s at all relevant)

Derek Hogue
# 5
Derek Hogue

I emailed Iain about this bug awhile back - it has to do with the 2.10.1 version number and how Introvert checks for the EE version.

To fix, change line 96 in ft.introvert.php from:

if(APP_VER >= '2.6'

To:

if(version_compare(APP_VER'2.6')) 

(EE developer docs on this.)