3rd Party (Free)
EE Version Support
- ExpressionEngine 2
If an item is crossed out, it might be untested, not applicable or incompatible. Contact the developer to be sure.
- Multi Site Manager
- Stand Alone Entry Form
- Low Variables
- Content Elements
- Better Workflow
- jQuery for the Control Panel
Shortcode aims to allow for more dynamic use of content by authors and editors, allowing for injection of reusable bits of content or even whole pieces of functionality into any field in EE. Shortcode provides two types of codes for use in any content in EE: user-defined Macros specific to each author and each site, as well as a simple API for third-party plugins and modules to expose their tags through the shortcode Rich Text Editor dialog (or manual entry in any type of field) - complete with automatically rendered options forms.
New!! Now open source! Visit the GitHub page for download.
Two Types of Codes
- Macros - User defined, author and site specific bits of reusable content - basically just like Snippets but can they can be embedded directly in any field type by your content Editors!
- Shortcodes - Plugin/Module defined tags that can be injected into the middle of content, such as a ProForm form or other piece of functionality. This works similarly to the WordPress Shortcode API.
- Macros defined by each user for their own use - each author could have the same macros defined with the same names, with different values that are dynamically replaced based on the assigned author of an Entry.
- Macros defined by Super Admins for the entire site and usable in all content for each site (MSM compatible with separate sets of Macros for each site).
- Macros and Shortcodes can be inserted manually in any fieldtype, or automatically through the included Rich Text Editor tool.
- Simple Shortcode API that allows for any Plugin or Module to provide custom Shortcodes complete with automatically generated configuration dialogs
- Existing plugins and modules can be converted to shortcodes with very little code. Assistance in the forum is available for anyone who wants to add support to their own add-ons.
- Assistance writing glue code for existing plugins or modules is also available - just post a request for support for the plugin in the forum.
Other MetaSushi stuff…
Be sure to check out my form module ProForm!
MetaSushi EE Add-ons Newsletter
To stay up to date with the latest ExpressionEngine add-on news from MetaSushi, be sure to subscribe to the MetaSushi EE Add-ons Newsletter today (very low volume).
If the add-on is an extension, and ties into ExpressionEngine's core files, it will use ExpressionEngine hooks. We are listing any hooks the add-on uses for developers to have an easier time locating other add-ons that they can reference for their own work.
This entry was created June 22, 2012, 7:59 am.
This entry was last updated December 8, 2016, 12:08 pm.
Disclaimer: Information about ExpressionEngine add-ons is provided as a service to you, the user, and every member of the ExpressionEngine community. devot:ee is not responsible if you hose, mangle, wreck, or otherwise destroy your EE website by installing an add-on that you found out about at this site, regardless of its rating, Favorites status, commercial or free status, or general popularity. Caveat EEmptor!
Returns: devot:ee has a 30-day return policy on all commercial add-ons sold through devot-ee.com. If you need to return an add-on, do not go to the developer or the developer's site, but rather visit our returns page at https://devot-ee.com/returns to initiate your return. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are no reviews for this add-on yet.
What are you waiting for? Rate it and review it!